Your support to The ROCK helps teens increase *resilience, which is a key factor in teens experiencing happiness and success. Increased resilience helps teens to bounce back from adversity, work through challenges, and overcome obstacles.
The ROCK takes a **strength-based approach with teens. When teens have a strength-based attitude to life it helps them shift from “what is wrong with me” to “what is strong with me”. When teens understand their strengths and how to use them they are generally happier in school and at home, have better relationships, and achieve life goals.
We are currently seeking sponsors for our 2017 Fundraising Dinner.
We understand that not everyone is able to donate financially, so we found some ways you can help just by going about your everyday life. Please check out these programs we have utilized and see if it is something you could implement.
If you shop at Kroger, pick up a rewards card and pick “Reaching Our Community Kids” as your charity. The ROCK receives a percentage of what you buy.
How it works:
- if you do not already have a Kroger Plus card, pick one up the next time you shop at Kroger.
- Go to www.krogercommunityrewards.com Click on “Create an Account”
- Enter your information in the boxes provided then click on “Create Account”
- Put in the card number from the back of your Kroger Plus Card then click “Save”.
- A screen with your information comes up next – go to the bottom and click on “Enroll” to enroll your card for Community Rewards
- Type “Reaching” into the search box and click “Search”
- Click on “Reaching our Community Kids” and then click “Enroll”
- If you need help call Ginger at The ROCK at 835-2542
Scrip is simply a word that means “substitute money” – in other words, scrip is gift certificates from national and local retailers. They’re the same gift certificates that you buy at the store. Many popular retailers participate in our scrip program including JCPenney, Sears, Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Olive Garden, Logan’s Roadhouse and many, many more. (Click the Scrip Brand Report to see a list of all active businesses) Scrip participating retailers agree to sell gift certificates to our organization at a discount. Families like yours buy the certificates for full face value, then redeem them for full face value, and The ROCK keeps the difference as revenue. Scrip is exciting, because everybody wins.
The beauty of scrip is that you put your regular household shopping dollars to work. You earn money for The ROCK without spending a single additional penny. Just spend your regular shopping dollars with scrip at the stores that participate in the scrip program! Scrip can be used for just about any household purchase including food, gas, clothing, entertainment, and even dining out.
How it works:
- Pick up a Scrip order form from a ROCK staff person at your after-school site or click the button below to download an order form.
- Fill out the form
- Turn order form with check for payment into ROCK Staff before the LAST Wednesday of each Month (Dec. 8 (Due to Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays), Jan. 27, 2016, Feb. 24, Mar. 30, Apr. 27, and May 25)
- Pick up your cards from The ROCK offices the following Wednesday
- Spend your cards!
We encourage you to participate in this on-going fundraiser and help us exceed our goals. If you have questions, please contact Ginger at 989-835-2542. Thank you in advance for your support.